Thursday, August 26, 2010

the cooldown

Times are flying by. According to my own personal calendar (which is slightly different than the doctors), little Annabelle will be here in less than 2 months! Last weekend, we put some of the finishing touches on her room and completely redid Spencer's room, so things are basically ready to go. At least til the last few things come up-like packing a hospital bag, etc.

And, since I am working part time now, I am trying to spend more time with just Spencer, doing all the "mommy and boy" things that I have felt like I have missed out on the last almost two years by having him in full time day care. It is fun to go to the park, now that we have had an under 100 degree day, and even just come home and play with him. Now, a few of those days, momma was a little too tired to do much, and some of our adventures have ended in disaster, but I hope he is enjoying getting away from school and having fun!

As for his new daycare class, its just not the same. Yesterday, I told him we were going to go play with friends, and he got really excited. I hoped that he had finally decided that the kids in his class were his friends and wanted to go play with them, but when we drove up, he said, "Allie's class!" We had to walk around the whole building! Luckily the class with ALL his old friends was shut so he couldn't see them, or I would never have convinced him to go to his new class!

We have just completed night two of, "mommy, lie down," "mommy, sleep," meaning that someone has figured out how to come and get me every time he wakes up to come and sleep with him. At first I didn't mind, but when it was every two hours, then every 30 min., it was over! So, we just had to send him, kicking and screaming, back to bed every 10 min for a while in the middle of the night last night!

Needless to say, parenting is hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment