Monday, May 10, 2010

Andddd, we're moving. Just like that!

On Thursday, we will be making our way about 2.5 miles to the East to move into our new home. I know, it is a long distance trip...we better make it all in one haul, right? Guess again. I am boycotting packing up anything in a drawer (that is mvoing) or on a hanger. I might just throw everything into a laundry basket, unload it, and go back for more. or maybe, like our firewood, leave it for the new people.

We are all in a tizzy about our new pink bathroom. We found cute charcoal gray towels and rugs on sale, so we snatched those up. I guess our theme will be pink and gray/black! I am thinking of painting the walls above the tile gray, but we will see. We might not be doing a whole lot til after the newest one arrives. He/she better understand all we are doing to prepare for his/her arrival! At least it is keeping me distracted...as if 6 college students from China isn't enough to do the job! Just 3 weeks til we find out what we are having...I hope it's a baby!

Really, though, it's not so much that I "just want a healthy baby," although that is most definately the case. It is just that I have very compelling reasons for wanting a boy or a girl. You see, I come from a 1 boy/1 girl family, and it kind of makes everything complete. Plus, it would be fun to get to go to dance classes, make hair bows, and all that kind of girly stuff.

BUT, think of the fun (read: MAKING MOM CRAZY) Spencer would have with a brother. They will be so close in age, I would hope they would be best friends... although they will probably fight like...well, like brothers! In addition, I already know about boy babies, I already have all the stuff, and boys are just easier in some ways... different ways, but still. At least you can give them a stick and a rock and they can be entertained-even though they will hit you with the stick and throw the rock in the the bird bath (and then want to splash in it).

So, while healthy baby is right up there on top of my list, it's really that I just have two lists going and in 3 weeks, I will toss one away and focus on the reality that is coming to the Horton Herd in November!

But until, then, feel free to come move a box or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment