Monday, June 14, 2010

Good Weekend

We had a good weekend with the Horton Herd. Our goal was to stay home and just get things put away. It was an interesting feat, giving a 20 mon. running at our heels the whole time, wanting to "help." but also wanting to play, and cuddle, and go outside...

But we really got a lot done. Our living room/office and playroom/dining room are really looking nice. We don't have anything on the walls, really, so the closets are full of stuff that we decorate with, but that can come later. Mostly, we just had to put things where they belonged and make a place for things so that random things don't just keep piling up in weird places! It feels so good to be able to look through the "living" part of our house and no see just clutter everywhere. There are still a few boxes visible, but they are ok for now.

Then, I finally got my closet organized, along with my crafts area. It has taken some time to get there, but it was finally time that could wait no more, we Spencer and I tackled it! It is also nice to 1) have a tv to watch in bed, even if it is in the back corner, and 2) be able to see the floor! Not everything is where is will go permanately, but it is UP, meaning that it is not in the middle of the floor.

Now, we weren't completely successful at staying home all weekend. We went to a garage sale and found a cradle for Annabelle and a dresser for Spencer's new room. It currently has a gariffe head sticking out from it and we are trying to figure out what we can make it into. I will try to post a pic later, as that is kind of a strange description! Spencer also found some blocks and a potty he couldn't live without. We aren't really actively potty training, but we are letting him play with it for the time being (we did wash it out). Basically, when I go to the bathroom, I tell him to go sit on the potty while I sit on the potty. It works for a second or two! But it is fun for him, and he doesn't even know what is coming, so no harm is being done.

I also had to get out and buy some baby stuff this weekend. Once I know what I am having, there is just no stopping me! It wasn't real til i could buy stuff! So, it has been fun but I have a pretty good closet full of clothes plus promises of used clothes from friends, so now I have to stop!! At least with the clothes...

No comments:

Post a Comment