Friday, June 18, 2010

There are men at my house...

This morning, Spencer and I were out enjoying the front yard when a man walked around from the back. At first a little worried, he assured me that he was just here to build a shed for us. what a nice idea. See, he was supposed to come out on Tuesday but he overheated; then he was supposed to come Wednesday, but his truck broke down; then he was supposed to come on Thursday, but he only had time to drop off all of the materials before returning his borrowed truck. But TODAY, he was there are 7:30 ready to go! And from the reports I am getting from my husband, he is putting on the shingles now (at 11:15).

AND, there is a Terminix man checking for termite damage on our house. After "the flood," we lifted the carpet and I saw a few little rice looking critters hanging around on the wooden tag board that keeps the carpet down. So I called in the guy who did the initial inspection, and he couldn't find anything (of course, I couldn't find any of the tagboard to show him, and the little critters disappeared before I could take their picture). but he said it sounded like termites and there was no way to tell what might be lurking in our walls until it is just about too late. In the time between my discovery and his visit, I talked with a friend who had a similar (but worse) situation and had a contract for termite control. However, the contract only covered the termites themselves, not any of the damage they did. but terminix will cover at least some of the damage if they sneak in on their watch. UPDATE: So, it appears there might be termites, and terminix only wants a whopping $950 to treat them...plus $200 to guarantee they won't come to visit again. Hmm...decisions, decisions...


AND, this afternoon an electrician or two are going to come see if they can fix the inside wiring on our house before it explodes! What a concept! Now, if only we can convince the warranty company to approve it...


In totally other news,
1) i am so bummed that my iPhone app for my blog won't let me post pictures! what's a blog without pictures...and of course, i don't have the pictures i want to send on my computer!

2) my bosses daughter-in-law, Lindsey Pond, just found out that she is cancer free! on her 27th birthday! after her 2nd round with breast cancer. what a reason to celebrate. I think I will celebrate for her this weekend! You can read more of her story at http://pleasant-drive.blogspot.com/

3) I really want to go pick blueberries, but when, when, when???

1 comment:

  1. #2 WHOOHOOO!! Praise the Lord, what an answer to prayer!

    ...hope all the other stuff works out well!!

    ReplyDelete