Sunday, July 18, 2010

I'm back!

Spencer and I are home from Korean Camp. we had a great time, and he is growing to love swimming. At first, he was like, "no way, i don't think so, mom. are you crazy? look at all that water." but I took him in anyway.

By the second day, he was jumping off the steps into my arms and kick, kick, kicking around the shallow end. He had a great time and didn't want to get out.

Then, he made a few friends his age, but, as almost 2 year olds are notorious for, they weren't all that interested in playing with each other. Maybe a hi here or there but otherwise, everyone pretty much stuck close to their parents.

What he did make friends with was frogs. We saw one frog one day and spent much of our time thereafter on a frog hunt. We found a few here and there, which was delightful, I must say. Not much beats chasing a frog with a stick!

He also is captivated with music, especially guitar music. Gwen came to sing for us, and he pretty much stopped everything to listen to her. He has since found an old toy guitar that I bought for a quarter at a garage sale (because it doesn't make any noise) and has been carrying it around "playing" it.

So we had a blast, we are tired, and I think I am going to lay down now for the next 5-10 min. before he wakes up from his nap!

Have a good, restful Sunday before you start your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment