Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Vacation-all alone-and at home

Due to an unique set of events, I am getting to take 2 days off where Matt has to work and Spencer can go to school (I'm paying for it whether or not he goes, so he might as well go)! What to do with my time? I could shop, I could sleep, I could....clean? Actually, we have been so busy and will continue to be so busy, I have a feeling i will be spending my extra days cleaning up a little.

See, we worked really hard when we first moved in to get things unpacked, at least in the "public" places. Then, we had a series of disasters that kind of took our minds off the little decorating things-hanging pictures, unpacking our childhood things into closets where they can live forever, etc.

Then, we got busy getting Annabelle's nursery and Spencer's big boy rooms ready and still haven't gotten to the last few boxes.

Add that to the fact that Spencer got into the sharpee pile and went crazy on our furniture while I was doing something that obviously required all my attention, and it all adds up to a "fun" vacation of cleaning and toddler-proofing the house.

Now, I am not totally going to work myself to death-i'm not that committed. The goal is to clean for 1 hr in the morning and 1 hr in the afternoon, and then I can do whatever I want after that. If you include Saturday into the equation, that should give me a good 6 hrs of cleaning-more than enough, even with my extra long list (and if I don't finish, I will survive).

So, if you are looking for something to do over the next 3-4 days, feel free to come over and empty some boxes, organize some closets, vaccuum, or clean toilets. All offers (at least the free ones) will be accepted!

No comments:

Post a Comment