Friday, March 12, 2010

bye!

So, overnight, it seems, Spencer has become a big boy-a big boy who is all too happy to spend his day at daycare, bye bye mom, see you in a bit. Now, in a bit of relapse, I had to go heat up some lunch for him on Wed., because it is bring your own lunch week at school (because it is spring break and they are short staffed). NOT A HAPPY CAMPER! He didn’t want me to make lunch, he didn’t want to eat lunch, in fact, he held my hand while he took bites with the other in an effort to keep me once he finally did calm down. Needless to say, when I left to go make MY lunch, he had a meltdown (sorry to his teachers for that). So, he just got cold turkey and cheese the rest of the week.

 

BUT other than THAT, he has gone from short-lived (I think) meltdowns every morning when I drop him off, to just running in, looking around, and saying “BYE,” in the cutest little southern accent you ever have heard. I have a sneaking suspicion it is because of a new toy in their room-a bunch of soft climbing toys that he can jump around on. The last two days, he has run in and started playing, then ran over to the door when I left to say bye. I have reached my hand over the ½ door and either gotten a kiss on my hand or a high five.

 

I have to say, I am pretty proud of my little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment