Friday, March 5, 2010

Every day, since Spencer's class started going outside to play on the playground, he comes home and wants his "go go." nothing else matters, not pushing the button to close the garage (a source of great pride), not seeing Suzy, the puppy, not even eating. I think they have these cars at the playground, so he has really figured out how to make it go by himself, and he is so proud of himself. He just throws a FIT when you try to get him inside!

Sometimes I let him play, but usually I try to keep him from seeing it. Bad mommy, right? But Daddy let him play last night, while I had meetings. I need to be better about giving him his time, letting him play outside. It has been so cold for so long, we haven't been able to, but now, the weather seems to be warming up, for a little while anyway, and he just has a blast running around and playing outside.

I would rather him want to be outside than inside watching TV (which he is not really interested in), and I am just going to have to allow him to be himself and encourage his independence and activity! I am actually glad he is so active, I just don't always want to be so active!

Anyway, the last two nights, I have had meetings til about 7:30, and when I come home, he drops everything and runs, squealing, to give me a big hug, and not let me out of his sight until he goes to bed. Now that, my friends, is love and devotion!

No comments:

Post a Comment