Wednesday, January 20, 2010

ROAR!!

I don't know when it happened or how it happened, but my little boy LOVES animals! He can repeat so many animal sounds, often without being prompted, except for the name.

The last couple of weeks, he has started noticing Puppies and Go-go's (cars) everywhere we go. Puppies are on the shelf above his changing table, at the park, in life running around the house! Go-go's show up everywhere we go (in our go-go)-its amazing how that works.

But last night, I was blown away. We were looking at a book, and instead of reading the book, we were just looking at the animals. As I named every animal, he automatically knew the sounds they made! We started with lion, because he loves to REPEAT the Roar! that a lion says. But the did it before me (with hand motions and everything. Then we moved on:

"Sheep?" "Baa"
"Elephant?" [hand up like a elephant trunk]
"Duck?" "kack kack"
"Donkey?" (this one i wasn't sure of) "a a a" which doesn't sound exactly like he "hee haw" we normally do, but it wasn't bad, AND he made the same sound every time i said donkey, so there you go!

Then, when i dropped him off to school today, they told me that every time they walk by the picture of the lion on their buggy ride, they stop and try to get the kids to make the ROAR, and spencer is the only one who can do it.

My boy is a GENIUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment