Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Countdown Begins...and MORE

In less that 36 hrs, I will be getting to the airport. Check back over the next weekend to see what Matt and I are doing, and how much we miss Spencer.

I have spent most of today trying to tie up loose ends so I can leave knowing that everything is under control (as if my presence really keeps things going). I think I just about there.

In the morning, Extreme Home Makeover will be having a rally here for a project in East Texas. I have watched the show a little, not a lot, because it makes me want to cry, and I don't like to cry. Matt's work was looking for volunteers but we are a little too slow on the uptake and there weren't any more places available. It is interesting to see how quickly people jump to a thing like this; of course, there's the chance to be on TV, but also, I think it is exciting to be a part of such a big effort. It makes you feel like you are a part of something big (and it is something big, I suppose). I hope people will also see that they do have time in their lives to make a difference, when they really make the time. I hope that it will inspire them to find ways to make a difference in smaller, every day ways.

I was glad to see that the Extreme Home Makeover team was participating in the Food Bank/Blood Bank's Fill the Banks campaign. That's the kind of small difference people can do without a camera video taping them. But the media attention will draw out a lot of people who otherwise would not give (as a side note, I have not personally given either, so I can't say a lot, this is just an example). But I hope it makes a lasting difference in our area of people getting out there to help their neighbors; of Christians getting out there to show the Love of their Lord to their neighbors; of people just caring about those around them.

So there's my little bit of rambling. Hope it made some kind of sense. Sorry to get serious on you for a moment, but sometimes, I think about more than a 16 mo. old (not often, but sometimes).

No comments:

Post a Comment