Saturday, February 13, 2010

Feels like a Sunday

Except for the fact that we didn't get up to go to church this morning, today feels like a Sunday. Yesterday (which was Friday), we woke up to 6 inches of snow. Now, we got an email Thursday saying the church WILL be open, but don't endanger yourself to get here. So, when I saw Matt slide down our hill (when he was supposed to be going up it), and when I called the daycare and they were closed, I decided I wouldn't endanger myself!

So, Spencer and I stayed home to play in the snow. He was just a little too short to be able to walk in 6 inch snow, so all he did was face-plant. Then, I had to fulfill the many requests from his fans (grandparents and father) who couldn't be there, to post pictures of us playing. So, I oblidged. So I am not going to post pictures here. It is just too much work. Sorry, but you can look on my facebook page.

It was a fun and relaxing day, but I am not sure about being a stay at home mom. I guess if I stayed at home all the time we would find a routine and I would find easier ways to do things, but we just have trouble getting simple things like fixing meals done! Congras to all you stay at home moms out there!

Today, on my Saturday-that-feels-like-Sunday, we went to visit my parents and Spencer stayed with them while we went to a movie. Now, even before Spencer was born, we rarely went to the movies. It is just hard to shell out at least $25 if you want anything to eat or drink; but we got some free movie tickets for Christmas and just now have had time to use them.

We went to see When in Rome, a really cute chick-flick. I would recommend it is you just want a no-thinking movie to watch where you don't have to think at all and can leave feeling warm and fuzzy.

We are also getting ready for our trip to NEW YORK CITY next weekend. If there is a special place you think we should visit, let me know! We are only going to be there for about 1 1/2 days, so we can't do everything, but we are especially looking for places to eat. Otherwise, our game plan is simply to ride the tour bus through town and enjoy the sites. Neither of us have been there before, so we just want to SEE everything. Plus, we have tickets to a few museums (including the Guggenheim-which was in When in Rome).

All this to say, I only have to work 3 1/2 days next week, and Thursday morning is an Extreme Home Makeover Pep Rally at our church, so I think I will go to that then have a relaxing morning! Sounds like a good way to start off a vacation, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment